We’re making it easier for our buyers and tenants with accessible housing needs to find the right home
Evolution Properties is committed to levelling the playing field for older and disabled property searchers by making it easier to find a home with accessible property features.
What are we doing to remove the barriers for property searchers with accessible housing needs?
- We’re using labels/tags when we list properties on this website so that they are searchable by key accessibility features including ‘step-free access’, ‘wet room’ and ‘lateral living.’ (Lateral living means properties that have a kitchen, living room, bathroom and at least one bedroom on the entry level.)
- We’re committed to adding floorplans to our rental listings as well as our sales listings wherever possible.
Common accessibility features disabled buyers or renters need are step-free access, wider doors for wheelchair access and wheelchair accessible bathrooms and wet rooms. Also in demand are single-storey homes or lateral living spaces that have kitchens, living rooms, bathrooms and at least one bedroom on the entry-level floor.
The tags we use were created in conjunction with AccessiblePRS which is driving a change in understanding accessibility and inclusion amongst property professionals.
If you’re a buyer or tenant with accessible housing needs please contact us to see how we can help. If you’re a landlord with a property that may be suitable for older or disabled people, we’d be pleased to speak with you about marketing your property.
Speak to our team today to find out how – please get in touch.
Some key facts about accessible housing needs
- 1.8m households in England contain someone with a disability.
- There are 1.2m wheelchair users in the UK – more than 400,000 are living in unsuitable properties.
- 91% of wheelchair users surveyed by Abode Impact experience difficulties accessing the private rented sector (PRS).